CALLING FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FROM RUGBY VETERANS
TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FIRST COPA DE AMISTAD (FRIENDSHIP CUP) TO BE HELD IN HAVANA, CUBA FROM 5 – 11 NOVEMBER 2016.
WHAT IS THE COPA DE AMISTAD ?
The Copa de Amistad, or Friendship Cup, is an alternative tournament for rugby players of 40 years and over. Its focus is playing God’s game in Paradise, supporting the development of Cuban Rugby and a number of local non-profit causes, and forming friendships to last a lifetime. Serious enough to be rugby, social enough to be dangerous…
|The gentlemen of Cuban rugby|
|Boca de Miel, Baracoa|
- 8 teams playing in 2 pools, Monday, Wednesday and (Barbarians and finals) Friday. Down time Tuesday and Thursday.
- Each team sponsors a non-profit local cause in Cuba – sport, social, environmental – raising materials.
- No compulsory packages – options available but you can make all your own travel and accommodation arrangements if you wish.
- Teams or individual players can register – composite teams will be formed.
- Non-profit and social event – all monies raised go to worthy local causes and the development of Cuban Rugby.
- A showcase match between the Cuban National team and an Australian representative team will be played on Saturday 5 November 2016 to ‘launch’ the Veterans tournament.
Rowan Ward: email@example.com or mobile (Canberra, Australia) +61 (0) 488 311 557
Greg Sadil: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile (Canberra, Australia) +61 (0) 414 631 607